Overview: We are a public practice CPA firm based in Virginia Beach, VA, whose mission is to work alongside our business and individual clients to help them achieve success. We are seeking candidates to join our team in providing reliable tax, accounting, and consulting services with insight and integrity.
Job Description –Sr Accountant for CPA Firm:
- Compilation & Preparation Services: (Utilizing the Firm’s checklists & std forms) Maintain records of financial transactions for assigned clients by tracking & verifying source documents; maintain general, AR, AP, payroll, &/or other applicable client ledgers; research & analyze accounts; prepare basic financial statements; perform associated administrative tasks.
- Tax Services: (Using the Firm’s checklists & std forms) Prepare &/or review entity and/or personal tax returns.
- Professional Development: Maintain & update skills through continuing education, review of professional publications, and participation in professional organizations (Firm reimburses CPE & relevant memberships).
Skills / Qualifications – Note: if you don’t have the “required” skills/qualifications, please do not apply:
- Required: College degree with undergraduate major in Accounting
- Required: 2-6 yrs of current experience with a CPA firm (Compilation & Tax services)
- Required: Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Preferred: Licensed CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Preferred: Experience using QuickBooks (desktop & online) & Intuit ProSeries
- Will be assessed: Good verbal and written Communication Skills
Salary Range: $45,000 starting dependent on relevant education and experience
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% Safe Harbor company match (after 1 year)
- 5 days paid vacation (after 6 months); 10 days paid vacation (after completing 2 years)
- Extra (paid) time off between Christmas & New Years
- Up to $ 400/month medical reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses (after 6 months)
- Reimbursement of Professional Membership Dues
- Reimbursement of successfully completed CPE / courses
- Casual days and reduced summer hours including ½ days on Fridays
- Identify and/or gather source data to prepare the G/L entries by analyzing data provided by the clients.
- Reconcile accounts; maintain records and files for clients per firm guidelines.
- Maintain clients’ books according to the firm’s standard CR checklist and forms; schedule jobs; verify data.
- Analyze information and options using firm’s standard forms and / or develop spreadsheet reports; verify information.
- Prepare and / or record payments by verifying and / or posting expenses; reconcile accounts for clients.
- Post and / or confirm income of clients by reviewing client records, verifying allocations, and reconciling bank statements.
- Develop and implement industry-specific accounting procedures for clients: analyze/recommend changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protect organization’s value by maintaining confidentiality of client data and firm proprietary information.
Please send resume, cover letter, and a copy of your unofficial transcript to: Admin@NLPCPAs.com