Job Description –Sr Accountant for CPA Firm:
- Compilation & Preparation Services: (Utilizing the Firm’s checklists & std forms) Maintain records of financial transactions for assigned clients by tracking & verifying source documents; maintain general, AR, AP, payroll, &/or other applicable client ledgers; research & analyze accounts; prepare basic financial statements; perform associated administrative tasks.
- Tax Services: (Using the Firm’s checklists & std forms) Prepare &/or review entity and/or personal tax returns.
- Professional Development: Maintain & update skills through continuing education, review of professional publications, and participation in professional organizations (Firm reimburses CPE & relevant memberships).
Skills / Qualifications – Note: if you don’t have the “required” skills/qualifications, please do not apply:
- Required: MUST be a licensed CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Required: MUST have college major in Accounting during undergraduate education
- Required: 1-2 yrs of current experience with a CPA firm (Compilation & Tax services)
- Required: Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Preferred: Experience using QuickBooks (desktop & online) & Intuit ProSeries
- Will be assessed: Good verbal and written Communication Skills
Salary Range: dependent on relevant education and experience
- Identify and/or gather source data to prepare the G/L entries by analyzing data provided by the clients.
- Reconcile accounts; maintain records and files for clients per firm guidelines.
- Maintain clients’ books according to the firm’s standard CR checklist and forms; schedule jobs; verify data.
- Analyze information and options using firm’s standard forms and / or develop spreadsheet reports; verify information.
- Prepare and / or record payments by verifying and / or posting expenses; reconcile accounts for clients.
- Post and / or confirm income of clients by reviewing client records, verifying allocations, and reconciling bank statements.
- Develop and implement industry-specific accounting procedures for clients: analyze/recommend changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protect organization’s value by maintaining confidentiality of client data and firm proprietary information.
Please send resume, cover letter, and a copy of your unofficial transcript to: Admin@NLPCPAs.com