Overview: We are a public practice CPA firm based in Virginia Beach, VA, whose mission is to work alongside our business and individual clients to help them achieve success. We are seeking applicants who are interested in a one-year internship where the academic knowledge learned in undergrad accounting classes is applied to real life situations by processing data of actual clients.
Job Description – Accounting Interns for CPA firm:
- Perform Compilation & Preparation Services: (Utilizing the Firm’s checklists & standard forms) Maintain records of financial transactions for assigned clients by tracking & verifying source documents; maintain general, AR, AP, payroll, &/or other applicable client ledgers; research & analyze accounts; prepare basic financial statements; perform associated administrative tasks – learn the “big picture” for each client.
- Learn to use the “big picture” to see tax planning opportunities that lead to effective Tax Services: (Utilizing the Firm’s checklists & standard forms) Prepare &/or review personal tax returns and entity tax returns (including Trusts, non-profits, and various types of corporations) for clients across the U.S.
- Discover the importance of Professional Development: Maintain & update skills through continuing education, review of professional publications, and participation in professional organizations (Firm reimburses CPE & relevant memberships).
Skills / Qualifications – Note: if you don’t have the “required” skills/qualifications, please do not apply:
- Required: Undergraduate major in Accounting
- Required: Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Preferred: Experience using QuickBooks (desktop & online) & Intuit ProSeries
- Will be assessed: Good verbal and written Communication Skills
Salary Range: $10/hr starting dependent on relevant education and experience
- Reimbursement of successfully completed courses during Internship
- Casual days and reduced summer hours including ½ days on Fridays
- Ability to bank OT hours (at regular hourly rate) for future use.
Please send resume, cover letter, and a copy of your unofficial transcript to: Admin@NLPCPAs.com