Overview: We are a public practice CPA firm based in Virginia Beach, VA, whose mission is to work alongside our business and individual clients to help them achieve success.
Job Description – Admin Assistant for CPA firm:
The Admin Assistant’s workstation is the reception desk, so a successful candidate will be the “primary face” for the Firm. This individual will need to be self-motivated and have a servant’s heart (eager to help other succeed) and a teachable spirit (willingness to learn new systems & methods).
Skills / Qualifications – Note: if you don’t have the “required” skills/qualifications, please do not apply:
- Completed college degree: Business-related major would be a plus. The Firm’s CPAs rely on the Admin Assistant to have a solid professional education in order to edit their correspondence for grammar and tone, to draft professional correspondence from scratch, and to pinpoint relevant business news for them.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good Communications Skills: Verbal & written – will be assessed.
- Organizationally inclined: Must be capable of bringing order to chaos – this skill is particularly needed during tax season!
Salary Range (negotiable based on experience & software knowledge): $ 15-20/hr starting
Firm Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to bank OT hours (at regular hourly rate) for future use
- Up to $ 400/month reimbursement for out-of-pocket medical expenses (after 6 months)
- 5 days paid vacation (after 6 months), 10 days paid vacation (after completing 2 years)
- Up to 10 days paid Illness/Personal Appointment days (after 6 months)401(k) with 3% Safe Harbor employer contributions (after 1 year)
- Reception: Answer & re-direct phone calls; Greet clients; Process incoming & outgoing mail; Manage appointment calendars for CPAs & general office; Oversee foyer displays and Board Room readiness.
- General Admin: Draft, edit & or print Firm’s checklists, forms & outgoing letters; Edit team members’ correspondence as requested; File &/or archive Firm records as needed; File &/or archive client records as needed; Monitor & save professional email/articles for CPAs when applicable.
- Tax Season Admin: Prepare tax folders for incoming tax work (using Firm’s forms); Maintain spreadsheet recording incoming tax traffic; Prepare various Power of Attorney forms (using templates) and, once signed, fax/mail to tax agency; Perform administrative steps for incoming tax work (using Firm checklist); Call/email clients once tax returns are complete.
- Maintain Supplies: Monitor office and general supplies & re-order/pickup as needed.AR/Banking: Process clients’ credit card payments, Prepare Firm bank deposits (take to bank if the Courier is missed)
Please send resume, cover letter, and a copy of your unofficial transcript to: Admin@NLPCPAs.com